The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy in our Office of Information Technology, we would like to hear from you.
· The Information Technology Department at DVRPC focuses on designing and implementing web solutions for three audiences: citizens within the Greater Philadelphia region, our planning partners, and the planning staff of DVRPC. Our goal is to emphasize ease of use, data visualization, public engagement, and data collection in our public products, in order to inform the public and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
· This position requires project-level collaboration with a diversified group of planning and technical staff. Work is performed in accordance with general agency policies and professional standards with results subject to review by the Website Architect, with additional input from the IT Director, Database Administrator, Graphic Designers, GIS Analysts, and stakeholders.
· Develop, test, and deploy data-driven web applications.
· Implement interactive applications using a data API/JSON and Photoshop comps as a starting point.
· Develop various webpages, email campaigns, and committee agendas.
· Debug web applications in all major browsers.
· Ensure good user interface design and compliance with accessibility guidelines across all products.
· Design and develop using Google Sites and our content management system.
· Identify, troubleshoot, and document user-reported issues.
· Perform related work as required.
· Ability to produce code that is compliant in all major browsers and meets coding standards.
· Ability to translate staff needs into creative web based solutions.
· Ability to present solutions effectively in oral, written, and graphic form with attention to detail.
· Ability to meet deadlines, and work independently and within a team of diverse skills.
· Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
· Knowledge of responsive/adaptive design and federal accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
· Knowledge of MVC separation of concerns, object-oriented programming concepts and encapsulation/modular design.
· Interest in next-gen technology such as ES2015, ES.Next, transpilation and templating, and in contributing to OSS projects.
Experience & Training
To classify as a Level TS II, a minimum of THREE YEARS of professional or co-op experience in web application programming is required. Such experience may have been gained from a combination of experience and training. Training may have been gained through graduation from a four-year college/university, with major course work in a discipline applicable to web application development or computer science.
Salary range: High $50,000s to Low $60,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)